Wednesday 6 May 2015

Stereotactic Radiosurgery (Gamma Knife)

In my last post, I was battling a serious decision. Stereotactic Radiosurgery (Gamma Knife) is no joke. Despite my reservations and my spine chilling fear, I have decided to go ahead with it.

I have weighed all of my options, and I have asked my family and some good friends for their advice. I have debated, an completely freaked out about what I was going to do. As this pain is getting worse and worse, I think I have no choice. The risks for side effects are there, but every single surgery and procedure has their own set of side effects.

After watching some videos and doing some research, I feel more confident. There is a 20-30% chance of success, but I may be one of the lucky ones. I dream about being pain free, or having some low pain. If it lasts for a couple of weeks or months, it will be worth it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment