Wednesday 19 March 2014

Weekend Woes

This is how my weekend went. Most people are just about over hangovers, and they have lots of stories recounting drunken fun. I have no such tales to tell. I was forced to surrender to the bitch that is Trigeminal Neuralgia. I was bed bound for a lot of the time which is unusual. I normally fight the pain, but I couldn't.
I try my best to shake it off, to not let pain overrule my life. Taking control has kept me sane. This weekend though I had no choice but to surrender. The pain was constant, it affected my balance, my speech and it threatened my sanity. I am used to a certain level of pain on a daily basis, but the pain I had from last Friday to Sunday was ridiculous. The most upsetting thing was the complete lack of sleep. I can survive on four hours a night, but I really used to love sleep. I rely mostly on copious amounts of coffee to function. What I would do for a full nights sleep...
The moral of the story is, you can be strong, have a smiling face that hides pain from the world, but sometimes you need to succumb to it. It doesn't mean that you are weak, I think it shows strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment