Thursday 3 July 2014

Really Bad Day

So today I feel like complete shit. As well as this damn Trigeminal Neuralgia pain, i have felt a tell tale snap in my lower back and a huge burst of pain. This is not unusual, but I have a problem now.

My back is weak and it has "went" on several occasions, and the one thing that has helped is painkillers, especially difene. Now the migraine nurse has told me that taking painkillers will make my suspected migraine issues worse. Now I have put up a post about my suspected migraine symptoms, but it has not been clearly diagnosed by a neurologist. 

To make a shit day even shitter, my TN pain is off the charts. I feel like screaming, crying and ripping my face off and not specifically in that order. I am so sick of this pain. These medications are not working! I am taking Tegretol, Lyrica, and Amitriptyline. I am a glorified zombie. Yesterday for example, I was so uncoordinated that I dropped a plate, a full container of salt, and I spilled a pint glass of blackcurrant all over important paperwork. 

I look as bad as I feel and believe me for a woman that is hell. Although I force myself to take care of myself, I cannot bear my hair down any more as it brushes against my face, so it is in a high ponytail or a bun most days. Make up is a no no, unless there is a good reason for it. Putting on moisturiser makes me cry, so applying and especially removing make up is torture. 

So do I continue to do what I was told by a bunch of doctors and a nurse when their treatment plan is clearly not working? Or do I take the meds that I need to cope with my back pain?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment