Saturday 21 June 2014

Beating back the Pain

How much longer do I have to wait for these meds to start working? The pain is more than I can handle at the moment, and I am trying all the time to distract myself so I won't start feeling sorry for myself.

That is my huge fear. Wallowing in self pity doesn't do anything to help. In actual fact I believe that it will make everything seem worse. We all have stress in our lives, and we all have things that need to be done on a daily basis. It doesn't matter if you have children to care for or plants to water, we with Trigeminal Neuralgia need to keep focusing on everyday activities so that the pain won't be so hard to bear. Don't misunderstand me, this pain is worse than I could have ever imagined, and for me it is constant.

There are days that it takes colossal effort to run a brush through my hair and brush my teeth. The point is that these things need to be done. It hurts like a bitch, but unless we warriors keep fighting, this pain will win.

When you suffer from Chronic Pain, a lot of the time your life changes. My life certainly has. Some things that I enjoyed before are gone.. I worry sometimes for my mental health, and I am trying to beat back the pain.

So I am waiting for these medications to take some of my pain away, trying all the time to push myself all the time to make an effort, complete necessary tasks on a daily basis. It is not easy and I fail sometimes, but I don't beat myself up about it because it's ok to fail at times. The fact that I try is the important thing.

It is vital that everyone with Trigeminal Neuralgia  tries their best to think positively, pushes themselves constantly and try to avoid wallowing. I know the pain is demonic, believe me I know.

Until there is more awareness and a cure, we need to fight, educate everyone around us and have compassion for those of us who are having a tough time. Lend a hand, even if it is a get well message. It makes all the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment