Saturday 29 March 2014

Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness!

The lack of awareness out there astounds me. People haven't a clue what Trigeminal Neuralgia is, they think it's no big deal. Someone the other day told me that she had neuralgia after getting a tooth extraction, and after a few days the pain went. Trying to explain what TN is can be a battle. People don't understand, because I look fine. I have no open wounds, no broken bones and o visible sign of pain. It is so frustrating!

The International Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness Day is on October 7th this year. We need to spread the word about this condition. Please share this post, and I would welcome any suggestions about promoting awareness.
 
Television, radio and print media are options, and I intend on contacting several different programmes, stations and newspapers. If there is a celebrity out there with some understanding of Trigeminal Neuralgia, it would be awesome to get their support.

I would like if other people with TN would join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment